Tuesday, November 15, 2005

After much persuasion from friends, I have finally agreed to set up a blog of my own again.
Just that as usual, those who visit my blog regularly, please be prepared that I would not be updating as often. It's hard to even find time to even go online.

Dubai- Sand

It's pretty much like Singapore here just that it's MUCH BIGGER.
In fact, Dubai seems more modern compared to Singapore.
The buildings here have very nice structure.
Malls here are HUGE. In fact, I personally think they are too big that after shopping from one boutique to the other, you get tired and then you decide not to continue your shopping spree anymore and then you have to go there another time.
But if you get tired easily and this happens too often,
You actually get bored of the mall after some time.
Clothing from ZARA here is much cheaper.
They even sell ZARA clothing which cost Dh 20, equivalent to S$10.
I don't remember seeing anything as cheap as that in Singapore but then again,
I don't remember entering any ZARA boutique in Singapore.

It seems like it was just yesterday that it was my first day in sec school.
Can't seem to really remember what it felt like before but here, it feels weird.
Everything's all new. Friends, Teachers, Environment.
Went through first day of school with a lot of:
"Hi im Syeila"
-shakes hands-
"Im so and so. Where are you from?"
"Oh Singapore. You?"
We go to different classes for all our subjects.
Its touching to know some take the effort to make sure I actually arrive at my correct class before they go to their own class. You actually get to know more people this way because not everyone takes the same subject combination so for different subjects, you sit beside different people and you get to know more about that person.
Sat through an hour of English lesson once, without realising it was even the wrong class!
Tried to act smart after some day by making my way to class but got lost.
It takes about 5 min to get from one building to another, depending on how fast you walk, but usually under the blazing sun, no one takes more than 5 min.
Its 40min of teacher's lectures per period.
Air Conditioner in the classrooms is freezing.
A lot of self study. Copying notes after notes down.
Thought I could run away from biology for my entire life but here, i'm taking Extended Science, which is known as Triple Science. I learnt that their science classes are only divided into 2 levels-
Extended Science and Core Science.
Break is 15 min
Lunch Break is 40 min
WORK LOAD here is stressful.
Try learning work covered over a 2 years course in just 6 mths.
I have my mock exams in Jan
My IGCSE in JUNE
GOD SAVE ME
Im making way for white hair.

Missing Singapore so badly. Cant wait to go back.

I dont know where to begin
I dont know how to get out there to see you
I dont know where to begin
I dont know how to get in there to feel you
Its been too long